YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 200 hour
Wisdom of B.K.S. Iyengar:
It is through your body that you realize you are a spark of divinity.
Yoga is like music: the rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life.
Yoga does not just change the way we see things,
it transforms the person who sees.
Independent Yoga Teacher Training in Middlebury, CT (or location of your choice)
Yoga is a way of life and should be accessible to all. Community is also important. Everyone is a valuable member and we are here to serve our community. We are perfect just as we are. Everyone has their own path and is at a different point in life. From physical abilities to beliefs, all beings are at the right place at the right time. The past is no coincidence.
Read more: What Is Yoga, Really?
Yoga Course Overview
The LisaZenYoga 200-hour training program is approved and registered with Yoga Alliance. The Training will emphasize the techniques and methodology of Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga, alongside classical Yoga training.
90-minute practices led by Lisa Zembruski.
Concrete results and outcomes you will get from this yoga teacher training:
- Knowledge of the benefits of Power Yoga Asanas (postures);
- Understanding of the correct alignment of Power Yoga Asanas;
- Development of your own powerful personal practice;
- Deeper understanding of your body;
- The ability to teach an all-level Power Yoga class to any population;
- Sequencing principles, learn a power yoga sequence;
- How to make hands-on adjustments and how to take students beyond the physical elements;
- Applying the Yamas and Niyamas in class, the philosophy of yoga and how to live yoga off your mat;
- The business of yoga: creating a professional bio promotion and marketing on social media (a Facebook account is required for the training).
Techniques, Training & Practice (100 hours)
- Power yoga asanas and sequences;
- Learn the English and Sanskrit names of each asana;
- Step-by-step asana breakdown;
- The correct alignment of each asana;
- Pranayama techniques and practice;
- Meditation techniques and practice.
Teaching Methodology (25 hours)
- How to guide a class;
- Typical class progression;
- Rules for sequences;
- How to give meaning in class;
- How & when to teach pranayama & meditation.
Anatomy & Physiology (20 hours)
- Anatomy studies accompanied by the book Key Elements of Yoga by Ray Long (optional) and The yoga Anatomy Coloring Book - Kelly Solloway (required)
Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics (30 hours)
- Philosophy of Power Yoga: why Power Yoga, what it means to be a teacher, Power Yoga teaching philosophy;
- The Yamas and Niyamas: the ethical principles and practices of yoga & how to apply them to real life;
- Ethics for teachers and business;
- Finding your Dharma: your life purpose;
- Living your yoga on and off the mat.
Practicum (25 hours)
- Practice teaching;
- Learn to give and receive feedback;
- Assisting students while someone else teaches;
- A regular home practice between training sessions of the power yoga sequence;
- Attendance at group classes at an approved studio between training weekends is required (3 classes per week minimum) or other arrangements made prior.
A practical test will given during the last training weekend which will include leading a class and performing hands-on assists. Written tests include those for anatomy and assigned reading, as well as essays on covered material.
Program Reading Material
You will be required to purchase the following books, cost is not included in the program fee. You will be given a training manual at the first session.
- Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste (core read)
- The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele (core read)
- Being of Power by Baron Baptiste (core read)
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach (optional)
- The Great Work of Your Life by Stephen Cope (optional)
- The Bhagavad Gita: A walkthrough for Westerners Jack Hawley
- Energy Medicine Yoga Donna Eden
- The yoga Anatomy Coloring Book - Kelly Solloway (required)
We offer our training in multiple formats: intensive, extensive, and independent study.
Tuition: $3500USD 10% discount if paid in full prior to start date.(Independent study) $3300 $200 off if paid in full by 3/9 prior to start date (group format).
Independent training times must be agreed upon by the teacher and trainee. Training can take from 8 months to two years. Independent training is geared for the self motivated individual. A strong home practice is required as well as independent study work.
NO REFUNDS once training has begun. Option to complete training at an alternate date! ****
Dates and location of next group training: The Ruby Tree, Woodbury CT.
3/23 - 24; 4/27-28; 5/11-12; 6/8-9; 9/14-15; 10/12-13; 11/9 -10; 12/14-15 Saturday and Sunday 10 - 4 one or two additional dates TBD (CLOSED)
Fall YTT dates 9/14&15/2019; 10/12&13; 11/9&10;12/14&15, 2019 classes held AT The Ruby Tree, Woodbury, CT remaining hours done as an independent study with private sessions with lead teacher
August POP UP classes
8/7, 8/8, 8/12 & 8/19 10 am @Lisa zen yoga studio , Middlebury
8/13 9am @therubytree
Other days and sessions by appointment only!
No refunds once training has begun!contact instructor for alternative dates and times if needed for completion..
Ready to find out more? Let's start a conversation.
About Lisa Zembruski
With 25 years of yoga experience, Lisa is recognized and respected as a leader, life coach and yoga instructor. She has a reputation for helping teachers and students find their authentic voice.
Why You Should Take Teacher Training
You will leave training with the tools and ability to guide a class with skill, leadership and knowledge. This program prepares you to lead an all-levels yoga class – beginners to experienced students. You will learn to weave a perfect blend of technical knowledge and philosophy that speaks directly to the students, while still keeping the pace of the class.
Often there is a disconnect with our practice on the mat and how it translates to helping us off the mat – through study of the Yamas and Niyamas you will not only awaken the connection for yourself but guide your students towards connection as well. Emphasis will be on how to apply yoga philosophy and principles not only in teaching, but also in every day living.
Requirements For Students
A minimum of 12 months yoga practice experience is recommended. However, trainees are not required to perform advanced asanas. This program is for anyone interested in deepening their understanding of yoga.
Be prepared to commit and work hard during training session. But also plan to spend time outside of the classroom practicing, reviewing training lessons and completing non-contact hour assignments.
Teaching yoga is not something you “do”, but something you “live”. This program allows you to completely immerse yourself in the process. Finish the program with the ability to teach an effective vinyasa yoga sequence
Final words for a Budding Teacher
LisaZenYoga offers a high quality, learner-oriented 200-hour vinyasa yoga teacher training. We are a Yoga Alliance certified school, which means you will earn an internationally recognized certificate when you train with
As a trainee, you will learn to teach an 60 - 90 minute-long vinyasa sequence during our interactive and fun posture clinics.
Our school also emphasizes the five pillars; Drishti (Gaze),, Ujaya (Breath), Bandhas (Foundation; hands, feet, core) Tapas (heat), Vinyasa (Flow) Anatomy, meditation, pranayama, kriyas, mudras, prenatal adaptations, and yoga styles are also taught workshop-style.
In book club, dive into yoga philosophy and how it applies to your life in the modern world. Another unique aspect of our training is that you will have a mentor to guide you through the journey, to pat you on the back, and to answers questions. It's important to us that you get individual attention!
By the end of the training, you will be ready to teach, adjust, and modify a class. You'll have a solid, groundwork understanding of the chakra system, yoga philosophy, anatomy, pranayama...and so much more! On top of that, you will have gained a lifelong community of support with fellow trainees and instructors.